Sales and Operations Planner
SAM Nutrition is looking for an energetic professional to join our dynamic team. We are a growing company, which has doubled in size over the last 3 years. A fast-paced and fun work environment with a great team! This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in Minnesota. We handle feed ingredients and are one of the largest companies in the United States. Upward momentum is huge - grow with the team and make a career with us!
The Manager of Sales and Operations Planning will manage demand planning, forecasting, and in-stock optimization for SAM’s network for facilities. will include monitoring and reporting on-hand inventory down to the SKU levels, levering our core Enterprise Resource System, Oracle NetSuite, as well as enforcing reporting on physical counts to reduce discrepancies.
The S&OP Manager will run the full weekly S&OP process, which includes owning long-term Demand Planning, short-term Supply Chain planning, and Outbound Execution for all sites. Demand planning will include running historical monthly sales averages by site and by item type, leverage our systems to produce forecasts using linear regression, and incorporate sales forecasts to optimize the product mix for each location to meet location-specific demand. The S&OP Manager will report to the COO.
- Leverages our Enterprise Resource System, reports, and software modules to develop models for forecasts and product placement/inventory in-stock levels.
- Identifies critical priorities for inventory transfer orders between facilities.
- Routinely partners with key support stakeholders to ensure collective alignment in the sales and fulfillment process.
- Produce weekly S&OP cycle, including forecasts, demand plans, and inventory stock levels.
- Monthly Network Inventory Reconciliation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly analytical, thorough, and able to work in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Strong attention to detail and organization of documentation.
- Strong social skills: ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of Finance, Operations and Senior Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in influencing senior leaders and stakeholders
- Proficient in Forecasting techniques and Statistical analysis.
- 2+ Years’ experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, inventory management, S&OP for an international company or domestic multi-location company.
- Cost-Analysis and Optimization experience, such as Kaizen or Lean.
- Experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment or distribution center.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner.
- MBA or master’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics.
- 5+ Experience leading a team of Forecasting, Capacity planning, or Supply chain Analysts or equivalent role.
- 5+ years of experience working with Production Environment Metrics.
- Familiarity with the NetSuite ERP.
Pay: Depends on qualifications
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
SAM HPRP Chemicals, Inc. (DBA SAM Nutrition) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.