Senior Operations Manager
SAM Nutrition is looking for an energetic professional to join our dynamic team. We are a growing company, which has doubled in size over the last 3 years. A fast-paced and fun work environment with a great team! This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in Minnesota. We handle feed ingredients and are one of the largest companies in the United States. Upward momentum is huge - grow with the team and make a career with us!
The Senior Operations Manager of Domestic Operations will manage Under-the-Roof (UTR) and Last-Mile delivery operations. The SOM will have direct responsibility of SAM Nutrition’s primary operations facility, which will include overseeing all Inbound (IB) and Outbound (OB) processes and intermodal transportation, barge operations, rail operations, and truck operations. The SOM will oversee all inventory management programs within the facility, including Inventory Control & Quality Assurance (ICQA), material handling, OSHA and FDA compliance & documentation handling, and training programs.
This role will oversee expansion to additional facilities, programs, and control of all US facilities, whether directly through SAM organization or through 3PL Partnerships. The SOM will partner with SAM Nutrition team of Warehouse Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Transportation Managers, Inventory Managers, and Program Managers, while reporting to the COO.
- Leverages our Enterprise Resource System, reports, and software modules to control and plan operations.
- Identifies critical priorities and short- and long-term goals for the team.
- Routinely partners with key support stakeholders to ensure collective alignment in operational execution.
- Establishes network within organization; continually builds internal and external networks.
- Sets and balances goals across the team, delegating appropriately to optimize performance against department goals and employee development.
- Provides regular coaching, communicates goals, responsibilities, expectations, and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development.
- Provides learning and performance improvement management holding team members accountable for performance.
- Able to perform role within an expanded scope of work when there is limited on-site support
- Or supervision
- Exercises good judgment when interacting with outside or contract agencies.
- Dives deep into failures to determine root cause and leverage lessons learned to develop process improvements.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance, and customer experience of the shift.
- Drive process improvements through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Additional duties include coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly analytical, thorough, and able to work in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Strong attention to detail and organization of documentation.
- Strong social skills: ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of Finance, Operations and Senior Management.
- Cost-Analysis and Optimization experience, such as Kaizen or Lean.
Pay: Depends on qualifications
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAM HPRP Chemicals, Inc. (DBA SAM Nutrition) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.